TWEAK: Growing up on Methamphetamines by Nic Sheff | Teen Ink

TWEAK: Growing up on Methamphetamines by Nic Sheff

June 6, 2011
By Brewhit SILVER, Tamaroa, Illinois
Brewhit SILVER, Tamaroa, Illinois
9 articles 0 photos 8 comments

"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?" This John Lennon quote at the beginning TWEAK sets the tone of Nic Sheff's rawley honest and compelling memoir. This vivid depiction of addiction and the road to recovery is sad, powerful, and difficult to put down. Nic Sheff's amazing and haunting story can be relatable to all people because of his openness about his insecurities and trials that many people face in life.

While reading TWEAK I felt like I was experiencing the desperation and anguish that Nic was facing in his life. You really become en-captured in this riveting tale of suffering and entanglement of the most addictive drugs.

You will find yourself learning the lessons Nic faces about relationships, love, addictions, believing in a higher power, death, and many more. This book should be a must read for all teenagers because it gives insight on how easy it can become to begin a downward spiral, and that when it comes to drugs you are not in control.

Nic Sheff never fails to move his readers, or surprise them with his true and shocking experiences. You will want to jump into the pages of this book and help Nic through his perilous journey. TWEAK promises to be insightful, powerful, honest, raw, gripping, sad, and hopeful.