Diary Of A Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kennedy | Teen Ink

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kennedy

June 2, 2011
By Averi Alexander BRONZE, Bowie, Maryland
Averi Alexander BRONZE, Bowie, Maryland
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Book Review
A recent book I have read was “Diary of a Wimpy kid” by Jeff Kennedy. The story is about a boy in middle school trying to fit in, but that turns into major problems. His family, friends, and classmates seem to always get in the way. The author uses a lot of pictures to tell you where that part of the story is taking place and to show humor. The author also has small paragraphs and sometimes has more pictures then words. The story does not flow; it has a lot of different subjects/problems he has to solve. Throughout the story the main character stays the same, but has a lot of people involved with him in some of his situations. I did stay up till dawn to finish it because it made me laugh and it was very interesting. I do not think that it is a good book for teenagers to read because it might be childish to them or it may not interest them. This book taught me how to do things in a more spontaneous way and have more fun. There are five “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” books; I have read three of them. People are making a movie out of them and I saw two of them, it was very funny and it looks like they will be good movies.