The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus | Teen Ink

The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

March 6, 2008
By Anonymous

Have you ever had to go to a Halloween party as a purple teletubby and watch a six-year-old boy at the same time? Can you run to the store and get lavender water and rush to the dry cleaners for a party dress and still pick up a child all in an hour? Would you ever watch twelve children for five hours?!


You'll find these harrowing adventures and more in the book The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. This novel is about a desperate nanny who is looking for a job while going to college. Her name actually is Nanny, Nan for short and she has to go through the hectic lives of the X's. Mr. X always is working and doesn't give enough effort into his family and also has a few secrets hanging around that Nan learns throughout the story. Mrs. X is always into the best party or clothes and doesn't give enough time out of her life for her son, but tries to open her husband's eyes to a new her. Then there's little Grayer who is in every after school, instrument, language class there is. Nanny has to find something inside of her to keep this family together.


I absolutely love this book. It's sad, funny, and packed full of drama. I think you should read this book as soon as possible.


“Impossible to put down.” –Vogue


The authors seem to have such detail that I think they have gone through something like this before and able to write a story about it and I think that is wonderful.


This book is like Mary Poppins 30 years into the future. It still includes those adventurous stories they always have had and more imagination to read along with.


Why wouldn't you want to read this book? The stories inside are endless and memorable. You can't pass this up so go ahead and read it.