No More Dead Dogs by Gordan Korman | Teen Ink

No More Dead Dogs by Gordan Korman

By emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California
emmernemmer PLATINUM, Stockton, California

"the pen is mightier than the sword"

No More Dead Dogs is told from 4 point of views. It captures the feelings everyone feels when they read "Where The Read Fern Grows" or "Old Shep" (which the story is about).

It is about football player Wallace Wallace who cannot lie and then gets in trouble for writing a "bad" book report on "Old Shep". It follows him as he has to help with the school's production of "Old Shep".

Rachael Turner is the drama club president who thinks from the start and writes to Julia Roberts as a sort of diary.

Trudi Davis is Rachael's best friend who loves any "popular guy" who walks her way. So she of course develops a HUGE crush on Wallace.

And lastly there is Mr. Fogelman who gave Wallace the detention and is directing the parade. The poor guy has to keep "mellow" when Wallace takes over the play.

This AMAZING book goes from the first detention to opening night and is full of humor, young love, misgivings, sadness, and my favorite, Rickisms.

This really is the icing on the gravy.

Favorite Line From The Book:
'Because the dog always dies. Go to the library and pick up a book with an award sticker and a dog on the cover. Trust me, the dog is going down.'

DaleBettie19 said...
on Jan. 21 2013 at 10:52 am
Specialists tell that credit loans aid people to live the way they want, because they can feel free to buy needed goods. Moreover, different banks offer credit loan for different persons.