The awakening by Kate Chopin | Teen Ink

The awakening by Kate Chopin

March 8, 2011
By kevin2014 BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona
kevin2014 BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Awakening by Kate Chopin
Kevin Cobar
“The Awakening” by Kate Chopin published in the 1890s. “SHE GREW DARING AND RECKLESS, OVERESTIMATING HER STRENGTH. SHE WANTED TO SWIM FAR OUT WHERE NO WOMAN HAD SWUM BEFORE”.
Edna Pontellier starts as a trapped married woman. She was forced into an unwanted marriage. One main character, Robert admires Edna for many years. Robert however denies moving forward because Edna is already married. So in this denial Robert travels to try to invest into a not likely business. With this retreat he then realizes what he had done.
Robert was definitely my favorite character. I loved and lost for many years. He has admired for years from afar. I feel as if his life should have been my mine. Robert thinks quickly, in romance. In life love is difficult to predict. Robert thinks about his admirer constantly. Similar to myself.
I love this book, because it is a very compelling story. Nothing was empty in telling this story. A favorite part for me is when Robert meets his true love for the first time. This book was interesting from beginning to end.
I would recommend this book to women and romance lovers. It is something to read about. It will reach to you brilliantly.