Coco Chanel:The Legend and the Life by Justine Picardie | Teen Ink

Coco Chanel:The Legend and the Life by Justine Picardie

By Faerie-Dreams BRONZE, Sheffield, Other
Faerie-Dreams BRONZE, Sheffield, Other

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything-Wiseman in Sucker Punch

As a lover of all things related to fashion, I instantly put it on my Christmas list when I writing it up. I loved the fashion of Chanel and was even more inspired by the beauty of Coco Chanel when I watched the film Coco Before Chanel. I wanted more. And so, when I got the book for Christmas I was very delighted and I couldn't wait to dive in.

As soon as I picked it up and turned over the front cover, which has a photo of the great woman who is an inspiration to me, I wanted more. The book not only includes the story of her life from child to elderly woman but quotes from herself and the people who knew her and pictures of her along with pictures of where she lived, the people she met including Sir Winston Churchill, and the places she visited.

It didn't take me long to read the book not only as I'm a fast reader but I loved the book and the detail of writing made me want to flick the page more and more until I had felt enough satisfaction.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, if they be someone like me who loves fashion, somebody who loves biographies or just enjoys a good read.

I hope people will go out and buy this book. When they read this I hope they realise that not only was Chanel a fashion designer, but a woman of extraordinary meaning and who herself has gone through the struggles of life but has always come out stronger in the end.