Slightly Single by Wendy Markham | Teen Ink

Slightly Single by Wendy Markham

By SB248 SILVER, Dexter, Michigan
SB248 SILVER, Dexter, Michigan

Slightly Single, by Wendy Markham is a powerful look at love and the many complications and heart break we go through to find it.

Tracey was born and raised in New York but moves to Manhattan seeking work, little does she know she is going to find love, too. When Tracey meets Will she knows he is the one, he’s perfect. Will is an aspiring broadway star with an opportunity at glory when he is offered the chance to go perform in a show, but it’s hours away. Against her better judgement she lets him go, but immediately regrets it when he cheats on her. Devastated, she seeks her best friend Kate’s consoling words. When Kate introduces her to Buckley she finds herself falling in love.... again. Will she get her heart broken again?

I loved Ms. Markham’s writing style. Ms. Markham always ended the chapters on parts where the action was highest and it was most intense so you couldn’t put the book down. Ms. Markham was also very good at foreshadowing. When I was first reading about Tracey and Will and how Will was going away, I could already tell something was going to happen so, of course, I wanted to read more and find out. I would recommend this book to girls in high school because there is some mild language. Boys could read this book also but it is mostly from a kind of girly perspective. Overall I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes a heartwarming story about a second chance at love.