The Iron King by Julie Kagawa | Teen Ink

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

November 13, 2010
By blackjellognome BRONZE, Eau Claire, Michigan
blackjellognome BRONZE, Eau Claire, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm getting colder, can't you hear me now? The little things that I am about mean the most to me. Can't you see that you're the missing key to this diary that I set at and throw words of 'Iloveyou' into? Can't you see now? That my diary you're the key to isn't a book of pages; but a river of tears that I call home. You're silhouette never looked more angelic standing here next to me with your fingers entwined in my own.


'The Iron King'

Firstly when I read the summary of the book I wasn't much interested in it. And that was four months before it was even released unfortunately. Finally when it wound up on my doorstep about a week ago, I put off on reading it because I couldn't even remember what it was even about.

I've read a un-fair share of fairy books, and let me say, this is probably by far thee best I have come across.

I was sucked in after the first paragraph, and I don't ...more 'The Iron King'

Firstly when I read the summary of the book I wasn't much interested in it. And that was four months before it was even released unfortunately. Finally when it wound up on my doorstep about a week ago, I put off on reading it because I couldn't even remember what it was even about.

I've read a un-fair share of fairy books, and let me say, this is probably by far thee best I have come across.

I was sucked in after the first paragraph, and I don't know how that happened. I plucked in some headphones and just started reading, and it happened. I didn't even know I had been reading for a hour and a half straight, on page seventy, till my class was over and I was being shooed out the door!

Meghan is your average girl with lots of dreams of catching a certain someones eye, and a nerd to boot. Not to mention her overalls are anything but the latest Hollister hoodie. And every teenager has the perfect sixteenth birthday right? Thats what she was expecting, before her favorite dog went haywire attacking her little brother, her little brother attacking her mom, and then her best friend Robbie attacking her little brother! Not until all this happened, was she told that Robbie was actually someone she would have never guessed before.

All the thrills of 'The Mortal Instruments', and more imagination than I could ever think of. This is the first time I think I could say that my mind was picturing the book like a movie.