Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney | Teen Ink

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

"Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules" starts up where the first book left off. We rejoin Gregory Heffley at the beginning of another year in grade school, and we also join him in a new journal, seeing that the original journal-embarrassingly titled on the front as a "diary"-had a misfortunate accident. Greg catches us up on events from this past summer and gives us all of the 411 on his best friend Rowly, his brother Rodrick and his rock band Loaded Diaper, his little tattle-tale of a brother Manny, and the talent show that was a disaster for Rowly, Loaded Diaper, and Greg included. Not to mention that Rodrick is the only one that knows about the horribly embarrassing thing that Greg did this summer, and the only way Greg can stop Rodrick from telling everyone about this horribly embarrassing thing is by trying not to set him off. And you think high school's hard.

Jeff Kinney has done it again wiht this second installment in the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. Every page has a hilarious incident or one liner for any kid, adult, or teen in your family. It may even make you relive the perils of your own grade school and home life experiences. With a unique format of graphic novel meets regular novel, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules" is a dynamic and hilarious adventure for any kid ages 1-100. Enjoy!