Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton | Teen Ink

Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

By gbubookreviews PLATINUM, Palmyra, Pennsylvania
gbubookreviews PLATINUM, Palmyra, Pennsylvania

Teagan Wylltson’s life has always been a little strange. Whether her best friend, Abby, is rambling about goblin paintings coming alive or she is signing to a moody ape. Even her family is strange with her Irish mother and human-recorder brother who knows every lyric to every song and is terrified of Elvis impersonators. But when mysterious Finn comes to live with her family her strange never seemed so normal. Teagan is seeing shadows and creatures from the corner of her eye, that magically disappear when she focuses on them. Then she catches Finn leaving in the middle of the night saying he never should have come and brought them here. Teagan, unsure of what he’s talking about, lets him go. But when a terrible tragedy hits her family she begins to put the clues together and falls into the very world Finn tried to keep her from.

This book was AH-MAY-ZING I loved every single second. The romance was steamy without being soppy and controlling the plot or even being a big focus. I don't know why this book didn't get more publicity because it was so good. At the beginning the characters just draw you in. They are hilarious and they continue to be throughout the whole story. I found myself smiling often and even laughing out loud a few times. Even the minor character, some with only a line or two, were memorable. Author found just small ways to make the book a bit odd or funny that really stood out as unique. Then once the action picks up it just keeps going and going.

The book was filled with stories of mythology and fantasy. These sometimes got to be a bit confusing with hard to pronounce names and lengthy paragraphs. For me when I come to a name I don't know or is hard to pronounce I just skim it. Well when there were multiple people with weird names it was hard to keep everything straight. The stories while were interesting were also distracting from the action though they were completely relevant.