Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Mandy22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:29 am:
I would totally read Twilight just from reading this review. it was great!

Luckystar78 said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:45 am:
This article does a very good job of promoting the series - but not even effective propaganda can save these terrible books!                                                                           As soon as Bella fell in love with Edward, her personality vanished. And Edward was a control freak and anyone who t... (more »)

itskatomall replied...
Feb. 6 at 5:41 pm :
I agree. Though this was an excellent review of the book and it could inspire someone to read the series, I did not enjoy the book myself, so I feel that this review is "tricking" people into reading the series. The idea of "sparkling" vampires is just quite ridiculous. But great review!

MargaretNorman replied...
today at 6:23 am :
you do know the book is FICTION of course it's redicules i cant stand twilight eaither but she is a great writer with a strong imagination and skills i willingly admit that she inspired me to be a writer.

MargaretNorman replied...
today at 6:24 am :
sorry for the missspelling my bad

squeakers said...
Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:20 pm:
I liked vampires and the others monsters away before twilight. And i like meyer's work just stick to the known facts about vampires next time. FYI vampires were ugly back then but Dracula still had admirers.

chikadestiny said...
May 24, 2013 at 10:38 pm:
I read the host so I love how Stephanie Meyer uses some concepts from twilight in the book. I found it interesting to compare how she continued to talk about.beauty and eyes in both books as well as create a love triangle and still maintain the major characters personality.   Chikadestiny  

TheEcho said...
May 14, 2013 at 2:23 pm:
Great review, however I think the most appealing aspect of the books is the story, not the writing. I wish the writing was better, but I do enjoy the books as a whole.

TheHalf-BloodPrincess said...
Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:55 am:
Good review, but that doesn't convince me. I've read the books myself. But you still might be able to persuade someone to spend a lot of money and buy the series, but they'll probably not thank you for it.

tuckertwin12 said...
Buying the Twilight series was the worst $30 I ever spent. I know that will probably offend a lot of people, and for that I am sorry but its true. Anyone with half a brain that knows good literature when they read it will despise the Tilight series as I do. Her writing is AWEFUL! Granted, if you want to read a semi-passable love story and you don't care about writing or plot holes or unrealistic reactions to normal things, go right ahead. Be my guest. And I'm not usually someone that hates books... (more »)

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 21 at 10:29 am :
I disagree. I feel that the book was very well written, especially considering that Stephenie never trained in the writing profession. She was the person who really invented the "modern" vampires, creating many creative oppertunities for other writers. I can see how people don't respond well to this story because, throughout the first three books, Bella is weak and depends on the "stronger" vampires (especially the males) to protect her. But, in the last book, Bella finds... (more »)

Jaggerswagger said...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:21 pm:
The books were so great, they didnt even realize that they would make horrible movies

mckaykay said...
Im not a fan of the vamps, but the werewolves are pretty awesome...she shouldnt have made the ending so happy tho it wasnt meant to be a pretty fairytale. bella was meant to end up with jacob  

Spotted_Leaf replied...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:45 pm :
I agree, im not a big fan of the vampires till it comes to halloween :) i love the werewolves the best. Yes, Bella should have ended up with jacob... but oh well...

PittsSonja32 said...
Don't you recognize that it's high time to receive the home loans, which will realize your dreams.

Kaycee A. said...
Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:42 am:
personlly, i love the twlilght series. however i am not totally in love with the vampirers as i was stephenie's very intriging words. also im a sucker for romance so i couldnt put it down!

Jenny360 said...
  I'm rather unbiased toward this particular author and her work. 

Sarah Dessen however, has impressed me time and time again with her novels! 

I guarantee if you read the first two chapters of What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen from the link below you'll be hooked. ;) http://tinyurl.com/SarahDessenWHG

heyalli said...
I love the Twilight series. I think that it is a very well writen book. Everytime i would finish a book they always kept me wanting to read more. I use to be obssesed with the whole series and i can't wait to see the newest movie. 

jhawes said...
Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:44 am:
i love twilight this book review is the best one i have read about twilight so far

Debi8 said...
I really dislike the twilight series. I do not understand why everyone is so in love with this book. I think the book is awful, no offence. I have tried to read the book, but i cannot. This book just does not capture my attention and i just think it is an awful book.