Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

May 30, 2008
By Anonymous

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 723 comments.


on Feb. 8 2011 at 7:10 pm
Noxfaratos SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan
5 articles 8 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
To the world you may be but one, but to one you might be the world. :)
Wise people think all they say: fools say all they think.

Finally!!! :)

on Jan. 26 2011 at 1:34 pm
krazyblazin1996 BRONZE, Fort Mill, South Carolina
3 articles 1 photo 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never say Never"

I  LOVED the twilight series, It made every girl i know fall in love with the whole story. Edward beat every guys proposal.

Success said...
on Jan. 24 2011 at 5:45 pm
Success, Baltimore, Maryland
0 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Action is the foundational key to all success." - Picaso

I just found this now because I never had a favorite quote, but this pretty much sums me up.

Aren't men handsome not beautiful?

on Jan. 24 2011 at 5:16 pm
captaindanger SILVER, Boca Raton, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 21 comments
Even though I don't quite agree with your view on the book, your review was very well written. Great job.

on Jan. 24 2011 at 2:18 pm
dude your a freakin pro at writing i wld love if you wrote a book or even books i wld read all of them your freakn rock!!!!!!!!!!111

on Jan. 20 2011 at 9:32 pm
suhaunah713 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Oh gosh. Twilight. If Edward were real, I would hit him over the head with a frying pan for being a controlling psychotic abuser/stalker. Has no one else realized that Twilight and the rest of the series is SEXIST? He watches Bella while she SLEEPS. 

Kudos to Stephanie Meyer for degrading women just a little bit more. A lot more actually.


antony said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 2:35 pm
this book is so good i love every thing bout it and im a boy if i picked any book i would read for the rest of my life i thot that the book was goin to be L A M E (lame) but i loved it its so drama like i love vampires and stuff of the dark  i love how bella wonts to a vampire and jacob has nice long hair this is the book of the time how every camee up with all the stuff of the book there the most imaganery people in the world and i love how edwards family can play baseball so good they can jump on trees and how he is like 100 years old he been to like 100 places

Freya<3 said...
on Jan. 18 2011 at 10:31 pm
Very, and quite pathetically, true. The only way i could make my friends read this book was for the guys. I'm straight but I didn't read it for them. Though it may not be the best written book out there, Twilight had a lovely plot-line and message. Forbidden love is a rather tired subject but this book put a nice spin on it. Obnoxious, really how people read a book, say they love it and don't even appreciate it properly.

on Jan. 18 2011 at 3:39 pm
mrose13 PLATINUM, Petoskey, Michigan
22 articles 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be yourself, unless you suck" -Joss Whedon

Regardless whether or not the books are good, wanting Edward Cullen to love you goes against the message of the thing. The message is love conquers all, and, clearly, Edward loves Bella and vise versa. Thus, wanting Edward to love you as opposed to Bella, is like wanting Edward not to love Bella. That's why most of the fans of these books make me snicker to my self. You just want Edward. You don't even like his love for Bella, you want it for your self. And if Edward loved you, then he wouldn't be Edward. It's a paradox. As soon as you would get what you wanted, you would lose it. Thus, most of the fans are in it to long for something they could, never, ever, ever have. They don't read for the story, (excluding some.... like myself) they read to hear more about the nonexistent Edward who couldn't love them if he was real because he is made for Bella. Hmm... part of that sounded like I didn't love fantasy. I do actually. I just wish people were honest about whether they were reading the books because they are obsessed with Edward (or Jacob) or because they genuinely like the books.

on Jan. 18 2011 at 12:29 pm
McRichard0000 BRONZE, Paducah, Kentucky
3 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
I saw that- God

Personaly I enjoyed the book, but Dracula was the all time best Vampire book. Twilight was alright, but not exactly my cup of tea.

on Jan. 10 2011 at 8:52 pm
Wolfheart BRONZE, Aslan&#39s Country, California
1 article 10 photos 41 comments
My friend has determined that because edward is sparkly and lives in a forest he must be a fairy! XDDD

on Jan. 7 2011 at 9:04 am
CallofDoodie BRONZE, Andover, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 3 comments
In my opinion, vampires were the awesomenest stuff ever before this book came out and made them look like love-drunk wusses

on Dec. 28 2010 at 3:53 pm
BungalowBillPhotography, Juno, Alaska
0 articles 0 photos 144 comments

Favorite Quote:
egad

bahahahaha

on Dec. 27 2010 at 5:31 pm
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York
33 articles 3 photos 310 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

















TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

i read the first 3 books. I didnt finish eclipse. Twilight was ok.

But the immortals series by Alyson Noel is WAAY better (i LOVE that series!!)

Even so, your review is EXCELLENT. Good job!!


on Dec. 20 2010 at 12:39 pm
accio-sarcasm, Nunya Effin Business, Other
0 articles 0 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To the well organized man, death is but the next great adventure."
-Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"There's nothing wrong with you. There's just a lot wrong with the world you live in."
-Chris Colfer

I enjoyed these books until the last one, which, in my opinion, was just disturbing. It just ruined the books for me. Stephenie Meyer isn't the best at writing; she needed to share her ideas and co-write a book with someone who writes a little better...;) 

I prefer Harry Potter. Great review.


on Dec. 18 2010 at 9:37 pm
Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois
25 articles 0 photos 95 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

Yes!!

Remus Lupin rules, Jacob Black is the worst!!

Harry Potter will live forever, whereas Twilight will die in the passing years!


on Dec. 18 2010 at 9:36 pm
Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois
25 articles 0 photos 95 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

I personally not a fan of the books; Bella is an EXTREMELY weak female character and Edward is a creepy stalker.

As for the movie it is insanely bad, the whole team (insert name here) is insane and the screaming fangirl thing is...well annoying.

In my opinion vampires shouldn't have sparkles and  werewolves shouldn't be "hot". Dracula is  a true depiction of vampires and a true werewolf is Remus Lupin (Hopefully everyone knows who that is)


on Dec. 10 2010 at 11:29 pm
is it me or did you just mispell werewolves? It's one word first of all second of all it's spelled like were not ware

Twins BRONZE said...
on Dec. 7 2010 at 8:57 pm
Twins BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 4 comments
I think this was good but it didn't convince me that it was a good book. It explained a little about what the critics said but if you expand that paragraph then it will convince me that you weren't the only person to like it. But I thought this piece was beautifully written. 

Nick1 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 6 2010 at 5:28 pm
Nick1 BRONZE, Vernon Hills, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 10 comments

i really thinkit was okay