Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

brooklyn165 said...
Aug. 13 at 2:34 pm
I LOVED UR STORY KEEP WRITING AND ILL READ THEM

EMS25* said...
Jun. 28 at 8:27 pm
I'm reading the twilight series now. I'm on eclips and I already love the books. I found the movies very interesting and that's what caught my eye for the books. You can now tag other users by using "@".

LillianABThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 7:50 pm
I liked your article but I haven't read the book. I haven't heard promising feedback about it so far so I don't think I will read it. I liked how you stuck to your opinion though. Keep writing. Have you read Lord of the Rings yet or the Harry Potter series?

Wolfe.g 1. said...
Mar. 12 at 3:36 pm
i watch that movie and it was a great movie actualy

The_Book_ThiefThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18 at 4:22 pm
You did a very good job writing this article. However, the book itself has no redeeming qualities to write ABOUT, in my opinion. Firstly, Bella Swan is such a blank paper that I found myself wondering who she was at the end of Breaking Dawn. She portrayed women in a weak, defenseless, unintelligent way that frustrated me a lot. Second, her love triangle is completely unbelievable. Over the series, Bella has to choose between Edward, the self-loathing, character lacking, beautiful vampire, or Jac... (more »)

IanultramanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 3:06 pm
@The_Book_Thief Yes. I definitely agree with your criticism. Well critiqued!

The_Book_ThiefThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:29 pm
Thank you!

PenOnParchmentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 17, 2014 at 3:18 am
This article itself was wonderful and definitely made me interested in the book itself! However, when I actually got arond to reading the book I wasn't nearly as impressed. Though your article does correctly highlight parts of the book, such as the way she writes rather descriptively and puts a new spin on vampires, I have to disagree about how great the book was. It wasn't all that well written, the story wasn't always explained all that well, and the characters tended to be weak or... (more »)

Angie_24 said...
Although I wasn't a big fan of the books or movies, I did kind of like the message behind them: that true love will triumph in the end.  And to quote the wonderful John Green, if this is a lie, then it is the most beautiful lie we have.  Also, I like that you noted that this book was kind of the first of it's kind; before, vampires were viewed as bloodsucking monsters - Stephanie Meyers romanticized them, turning them into empathetic beasts capable of love.  It was really ... (more »)

Alpona said...
May 10, 2014 at 12:50 am
Yeah, your review is certainly great...... and so is the book!:P  

Mandy22 said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:29 am
I would totally read Twilight just from reading this review. it was great!

Luckystar78 said...
Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:45 am
This article does a very good job of promoting the series - but not even effective propaganda can save these terrible books!                                                                           As soon as Bella fell in love with Edward, her personality vanished. And Edward was a control freak and anyone who t... (more »)

itskatomall This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I agree. Though this was an excellent review of the book and it could inspire someone to read the series, I did not enjoy the book myself, so I feel that this review is "tricking" people into reading the series. The idea of "sparkling" vampires is just quite ridiculous. But great review!

MargaretNorman replied...
Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:23 am
you do know the book is FICTION of course it's redicules i cant stand twilight eaither but she is a great writer with a strong imagination and skills i willingly admit that she inspired me to be a writer.

MargaretNorman replied...
Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:24 am
sorry for the missspelling my bad

squeakers said...
I liked vampires and the others monsters away before twilight. And i like meyer's work just stick to the known facts about vampires next time. FYI vampires were ugly back then but Dracula still had admirers.

chikadestiny said...
I read the host so I love how Stephanie Meyer uses some concepts from twilight in the book. I found it interesting to compare how she continued to talk about.beauty and eyes in both books as well as create a love triangle and still maintain the major characters personality.   Chikadestiny  

TheEcho said...
Great review, however I think the most appealing aspect of the books is the story, not the writing. I wish the writing was better, but I do enjoy the books as a whole.

TheHalf-BloodPrincess said...
Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:55 am
Good review, but that doesn't convince me. I've read the books myself. But you still might be able to persuade someone to spend a lot of money and buy the series, but they'll probably not thank you for it.

tuckertwin12 said...
Buying the Twilight series was the worst $30 I ever spent. I know that will probably offend a lot of people, and for that I am sorry but its true. Anyone with half a brain that knows good literature when they read it will despise the Tilight series as I do. Her writing is AWEFUL! Granted, if you want to read a semi-passable love story and you don't care about writing or plot holes or unrealistic reactions to normal things, go right ahead. Be my guest. And I'm not usually someone that hates books... (more »)