50 Simple Things You Can Do To Save The Earth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The title of this book is deceiving. Certainly, there are fifty things you can do, but not all of them are as simple as you might expect. Some are expensive, some take a long time, and others take serious, committed effort. 50 Simple Things . . . is aimed at homeowners, but there is also information teenagers can use, such as how to join environmental groups, or how to make your car as ecologically sound as possible.

The first section of the book tells readers what is happening to the Earth. It provides information and background on the environmental problems such as the greenhouse effect, vanishing wildlife, groundwater pollution, and others. The next part of this book explains fifty actions you can take to help solve these problems. First are twenty-eight easy, inexpensive things, such as stopping junk mail (which wastes paper). Then come fourteen actions that take a moderate amount of effort, including things you can do at work or school to make your office or school environmentally gentle , some things actually save money! Third come six things for committed environmentalists to try, such as starting a compost pile or landscaping your yard to conserve water (Xeriscape).

The book concludes with a list of where to write for more information on environmental actions. Included in this list are institutes such as Greenpeace, the World Wildlife Fund, and others.

At the bottom of each page throughout the book are short facts, statistics, and other actions that aren't covered in the regular text. An example is the fact that Americans spend six billion dollars on their lawns every year.

If you are at all concerned about the planet we live on, or even if you are not, I advise you to read this book. It is helpful, fascinating, sometimes shocking, and makes superb reading. If you don't already own a copy of 50 Simple Things You Can Do to Save the Earth, buy or borrow one as soon as possible. You, and the Earth, will be glad you did. n

FowlerFAITH said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:12 am
All people deserve good life and mortgage loans or collateral loan would make it much better. Because people's freedom is grounded on money state.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sounds interesting~ we could all use a helpful guide on how to preserve the earth.

Writer4life said...
sounds like a cool book!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm going to read it !!!