The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson | Teen Ink

The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

By amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

Bird kids? Not exactly a topic that brings most people in.

My friend came into school with a book her older sister made her read, Maximum Ride by James Patterson (as listed above). She told me I should read it, and being a post twi-hard I was looking for another great book. So I shoved my Dad off to the library with a book title and a dream, and BOOM! A new obsession hit.

It’s something a lot of people would call “science fiction for people who don’t like science fiction,” but I for one am a HUGE sci-fi reader, and, again, I loved it. Well, not it, THEM, really. I was pleasantly surprised to find out there are actually SIX books- The Angel Experiment, School’s Out- Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, the Final Warning, MAX and FANG, a new release that just came out on March 15 (2010).

So, the plot: Six kids, six-year-old Angel, eight-year-old Gazzy (the Gasman), eleven-year-old Nudge, fourteen-year-old Iggy (who is blind), and the main characters that make the series a romance, fourteen-year-old, dark, mysterious (and possibly emo) Fang, and then, the marvelous, strong, girl (yes, boys- girl!) leader, the great MAXIMUM RIDE! Or simply Max. Yes, SHE IS A GIRL! A lot of people don’t figure that out for a while.

And those kids, born normal, were sold by their biological parents to a horrid science lab called… THE SCHOOL! (dun dun da DUN!) They were sold to science, and the sick “white coats” gave them FLIPPING WINGS. And we’re not talking little butterfly wings, the older ones have wing spans at about 14 feet! No biggy, just hold them in and act natural, right? WRONG!

They are a prize to the naïve government, but simply a mistake to scientists. 98% human, 2% BIRD. And so the evil monsters created another hybrid (they just don’t learn, do they?) called erasers. I know what you’re thinking… dun dun da DUN! And those things are built to KILL. Without an adult aid (at least at the beginning) the brave, courageous kids are forced out of their home when the erasers capture Angel and bring her back to the school for some mind-numbing experiments (ahem, THE ANGEL EXPERIMENT) and execution. And the all-powerful flock isn’t just going to take that without a fight, are they? Let their precious genius mind reader/controller o a six-year-old slip from their fingers? Nope. They’re going to fight. And when bird kids go in public, you know that for a while they’ll be on the run. And if you don’t know (or do) READ THJE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, they beat out TWILIGHT on my list. I believe that I’ve told you enough to get you interested, so don’t let me down, GO OUT AND READ THE BOOKS!!!!!!

Yes, all you lost book-craving twilight lovers, this is the perfect book for you. It was for me, anyway, so I HAD to write about it.

rockyraccoon said...
on Jun. 26 2011 at 1:01 am
rockyraccoon, Fort Wayne, Indiana

today tommorow next month next year all look remarkably gray.

I have read all the maximum ride books and they are all good also incase you haven't read it theirs also a new one called angel and its one of the best ones in the series.

amachii GOLD said...
on Aug. 4 2010 at 4:44 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

okay, i propbably won't write a review of Maximum Ride: the Manga anytime soon, (Though I might), so i just wanted to suggest them to you. They're GREAT. :) and thanks for reading :)

amachii GOLD said...
on Jun. 12 2010 at 2:37 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

thanks! it just kinda came to me... we learn a lt about using voice in school, and i think a lot of my voice showed in this piece. :) it's one of my favorites that i've writen... i'm glad you liked it, and that you'll try them. you'll be hooked! :)

on May. 27 2010 at 10:56 am
haana114 PLATINUM, -, Other
OK..you've made it sound interesting what with your 'dun dun da DUN!'so i'm going to give it a try. thanks

amachii GOLD said...
on May. 14 2010 at 6:37 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

and it's the 14th.... PLEASE?

amachii GOLD said...
on May. 9 2010 at 9:03 am
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

here we are, 8 days later.... still waiting... oh, sigh...

amachii GOLD said...
on May. 1 2010 at 1:34 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

anybody else have anything to say? please?

amachii GOLD said...
on Apr. 29 2010 at 3:07 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

(but thanks to those who do)

amachii GOLD said...
on Apr. 29 2010 at 3:06 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

why doesn't writing those comments work? PLZ RATE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!! I said please! plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

amachii GOLD said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 4:23 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

That's always good to know! :) 

WiseGirl said...
on Apr. 17 2010 at 3:13 pm
WiseGirl, Adams, Tennessee

"I think, therefore I am."
-Rene Decartes

You are not alone about Fang!

amachii GOLD said...
on Apr. 15 2010 at 2:45 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

people PLEASE rate and comment!  if you didnt like my article, TELL ME! if you did like it, well, that's always nice to hear. was it funny? was it boring? was it great? was it terrible? JUST PLZ TELL ME! and fang- crazed girls, please let me know im not alone! :) :) thanks a lot, i really appreciate it! :) :):) :) (i even have smilies to prove it!)

amachii GOLD said...
on Apr. 13 2010 at 3:53 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

:) Fang's quote... :) totally team fang... fly on to you, too! :)

on Apr. 13 2010 at 12:40 pm
soccerplayer03 BRONZE, Gap, Pennsylvania

I forget but it's really good and by a president- to be completed.

I read the Maximum Ride series as well and found them really good books. Fly on.

amachii GOLD said...
on Apr. 10 2010 at 9:05 am
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York

okay, great. my spell check malfunctioned. i meant OF a six year old and read THE books. sorry.