The Return of the Kings (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien | Teen Ink

The Return of the Kings (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien

By bookcrazy PLATINUM, Rocky Hill, Connecticut
bookcrazy PLATINUM, Rocky Hill, Connecticut

This is so good that I want to read Lord of the Rings all over again. The characters, the story, and the world of Middle Earth are going to stay with me forever! And it’s all credit to JRR Tolkien and his astounding imagination. Hats off to him; he is a genius. The genre fantasy emerged from his works, and he inspired and influenced so many other authors.

If there was one thing that I would like to have changed, then it will be that I wish females held more significant roles in the books. There’s an amazing scene with Eowyn, but the other females, very few in fact, are minor. Arwen mostly stayed out of the action, the appearances of Galadriel were few, and then there was Rosie, Shelob, and that talkative healer in Gondor, but that was really about it. Sometimes I think, “What about a female in the fellowship?” but I guess I also have to consider the time in which the book was written.

But still, this is a book everyone must read. Don't miss out! And the length of the book is a poor excuse, because it’s definitely worth your time.

Alpha-Lyrae GOLD, Toronto, ON, Other

"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." -Galileo Galilei
"In the Beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Yes, I am currently reading The Sillmarillion and have also read Tales Form A Perilous Realm and have just started The Children of Hurin. My friend and i are also kind of obsessive in that we are trying to find every awsome edition of L.O.T.R there had ever been...........

howler said...
EXACTLY!!!

It's like the one movie that's actually faithful to the book. :)

I totally agree! I can't seem to get enough Tolkien. Have you read his other books like The Silmarillion?

Alpha-Lyrae GOLD, Toronto, ON, Other

Oh yes, i absolutely LOVE L.O.T.R.! I think that JRR Tolkien is just about the best author to ever live.

Howler GOLD said...
on Apr. 6 2010 at 1:53 am
Howler GOLD, Cerritos, California

"Life is not abut the number of breaths you take but about the moments that take your breath away"

So true!! I love it all I am a fan of the trilogy they are great and the movie couldn't be more perfect