Maximum Ride | Teen Ink

Maximum Ride

Maximum Ride
School's Out- Forever
By James Patterson

A very good friend of mine is a huge James Patterson fan. One day at the school library, I couldn't find a book so I asked for her help. She introduced me to Maximum Ride and I must say that it was intriguing. With its many different plot twists and a variety of characters, I didn't have to read the first to find out much about the storyline.

There is a group of children with special gifts and abilities throughout the book. They are children who were abducted and experimented on almost abruptly after birth, and are trying to find their parents. Along the way they come into contact with strange wolf-like hybrids time after time that try to attack the children, as well as other mysterious figures.

The main characters names are Max, Fang, Iggy, Gasman, Nudge, and Angel. (Each of whom are avian, or bird-like hybrids), are on the run from this place called the “school”, where they have been experimented on and given their numerous yet strange abilities. Some skills include flight, phenomenal resilience, preternatural running speeds and much more.

This book teaches the importance of a family and how it can always be there for you, no matter what you define as family. It also teaches responsibility and how important it is to be responsible. Maximum Ride has given me a lesson in the aspects of friendship, consideration, responsibility, and the values of a true family.

I would recommend this book to those who like types of science fiction, thriller, and suspenseful books.

on Jun. 28 2011 at 3:18 pm
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

Good job writing this I just finished the second book like an hour ago and I don't have the third.  I'm going to go insane!!!! D:

Good job writing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D