The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx | Teen Ink

The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

May 15, 2008
By Anonymous

The book starts off with a 29 year old Nikki Sixx., who was at the lowest part of his career and at the same time suffered intense stress dealing with fame and good fortune and his own insecurities, depression and loneliness despite being in the middle of the hectic acts of Motely Crue. In his journal entries, Sixx writes truthfully about the way heroin makes him feel—sometimes he feels good as it is an escape, a blanket to hide beneath and a way to cover his insecurity and other times he questions his behavior and why he feels so bad. He keeps his habit as hidden as possible. even keeping a special closet for all his paraphernalia and to which he could go to do drugs. How could such a junkie write while so drugged out? “Rock and roll really is all about excess”.He couldn't find a vein to shoot up and would shoot up in other places. Also, to get as low as he did was pretty easy when surrounded by other users and abusers.In the end, Sixx has similar problems to many people and the heroin was a way to isolate and numb him. He did not have the proper tools or support to get himself out of his depression To provide a more revealing aspect to The Heroin Diaries, 2006's sober Sixx recalls his experiences and also brought in band mates, managers, publicists, other record industry people, friends, family and former girlfriends to comment on his behavior during this year. That provides unique insight because even Nikki Sixx did not realize some of the inane things he did while on heroin. The Heroin Diaries has hard to believe stories, unbelievable moments but the desire for Sixx to share his struggles in the hopes of helping others is amazing. It also makes for an intriguing Book for those who envy the rock and roll lifestyle.