Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle | Teen Ink

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle

March 3, 2010
By Ladekeye BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Ladekeye BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Suddenly you are fastened on a roller coaster and zooming through the wonderful pages of Lauren Myracle’s creative writing style. Peace, Love, and Baby ducks, a well written novel, brings you through the ups and downs up sister-hood. Carly and Anna open the doors to new experiences which include transformation, high school drama, and boy crushes. Consequentially, it breaks their sisterly bond, but it stills makes them stronger. This describes how although Carly and Anna are sisters, they mostly do not get along during their teenage years. Peace, Love, and Baby ducks, a story about family, is a must read book.


Carly, a 15 year old sophomore in high school, is the older sister of Anna. Carly is confronted with multiple choices. Her choices fit her needs, yet they strike the nerve of her sister and many others. Carly is a strong, confident, and shy girl. She gains those skills at camp. But, Anna is attractive, beautiful, and smart. Which is better? Especially when there are boys involved. Throughout the story they both find ways to make all those personalities balance out. Imagine your sister and you fighting over the high school dream title of the “Hottie”. Who would win? Even though they argue Carly often stands up for Anna. Carly’s jealousy when Anna turns picture perfect drives people up walls. Carly and Anna struggle to keep there relationship from declining.


In this book Peace, Love, and Baby ducks written by: Lauren Myracle many important events occur. Firstly, Carly goes to an over night camp where she gets down and dirty and boosts her self esteem but then all that weakens once she returns Peyton and Anna don’t welcome her in the greatest way. And Carly is really awakened by Anna’s change over the summer, so that causes Carly to get a drastic hair-do change that crashes her reputation and Holy redeemer high school. But Anna and Peyton don’t like then new Carly either. So, Carly meets Vonzelle and a new friendship is created. Carly also meets other people such as Cole her true crush but at the end she realizes reality and finds her real match maker in heaven. Read more of this book to find out what happens next!


I recommend this book because it never looses interest. Though this book might come together quite slowly at times, it is still a great read. I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars for its plot. As for the author’s writing style I give it 3 out of 5. But once you put your own creative mind to the test as you read the book the writing style strives up to a 5 out of 5 stars. It all comes together in the end and makes you wish this book could be in a series.


Overall, Peace, Love, and Baby ducks is a good book with way more pros than cons. The plot is directed towards young girls in middle school. But it is open to anyone.
While, Carly, Anna, and the rest of the family go through hard times and struggles they manage to push out of it and go forth as one and realize what really matters. This book is guaranteed to leave you with your jaw dropped and your eyes glowed up.! Peace, Love, and Baby ducks, A favorite book of mine, written with great description and good vivid verbs. So buckle that seat belt and get ready for the ride. So C’mon get up out of your seat and check out this wonderful book. ENJOY!


The author's comments:
-- This started out as a assignment from school then I actually started to ENJOY IT! I hope people go out and read this book after reading this wonderful review and Lauren Myracle's book Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks!