Never Mind The Bollocks... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Never Mind The Bollocks, Women Rewrite Rock is a compilation of interviews with some of today's most influential female musicians, including Courtney Love of Hole, Bjnrk, Tanya Donelly (formerly) of Belly, Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, and Liz Phair.

Amy Raphael explains "It is about her-story rather than just his. It is about letting female musicians speak for themselves ..." Each has a different sound and a different story. I found this book inspiring as a young woman who is beginning to learn the obstacles females have to overcome in a male-dominated society. Each woman has fought to get where she is and strives to move forward. Not all the women consider themselves feminists, but their gender is important to them. They hope to be viewed as talented musicians, rather than talented female musicians.

I recommend this book to anyone interested in the "rock scene." Never Mind ... gives readers a look into the heads of talented musicians. Although it is told from a female point of view, it can still be enjoyed by the male reader. It paints a picture of the '90s music scene from a different perspective. This book was written and published in London so it may be hard to find in the United States, but if you can find a copy, read it; it's worth it

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 4:41 pm
i love this !