Hitchhiker's Guide | Teen Ink

Hitchhiker's Guide MAG

Reading the series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams is like having one long strange dream, except it doesn't make as much sense. As the series begins, you become enveloped. It seems like you are hitchhiking across the galaxy with Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect with your own copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a towel (read the book!). The book is complete with interesting and unexpected twists that take you to a variety of planets, and let you meet a variety of beings, including two-headed Zaphod Beeblebrox and the depressed robot Marvin. You are kept guessing what will happen next until the end of each book (and sometimes you are still guessing as the book ends). This, however, isn't a problem because you will want to read the rest of the series after finishing the first.

This series is unique because it is both science fiction and comedy with an interesting and strange plot. Douglas Adams actually created this first as a radio series in England and later wrote the books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life, the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish, and Mostly Harmless. These books are very entertaining and instructional on what to do, should you become lost in the galaxy (don't panic!). I think anyone looking for something fun and interesting to do will find this book is perfect

i love this !