Bliss by Lauren Myracle

Readers around the world have welcomed Bliss, the new chilling novel by best selling author, Lauren Myracle (Internet Girls series) with open arms, myself included. At first glance, Bliss seems to be an ordinary murder-mystery story. But it is an extraordinary example of the saying “everything is not what it seems.”

As soon as I turned the first page, I was hooked. I read for what seemed like minutes, but were really hours. Each time I attempted to put the book down (without succeeding), I checked to see what page I was on. Page 87 at four o’clock, page 187 at five o’clock; with each page-number-check, one hundred pages had passed and I was going deeper and deeper into the life of Bliss Inthemorningdew. With each turn of the page giving me another reason not to put the book down, I finished this book in three days flat.

Bliss’s life does a 180 after her hippie parents “dump” her with her wealthy grandmother in Atlanta while they run off to Canada, trying to avoid supporting President Nixon’s version of American patriotism. At her new school, Crestview High School, Bliss quickly makes friends with three girls in her freshmen class who are all desperate to become best friends with the most popular girl in school, Sarah Lynn. Unlike everyone else at her school, Bliss doesn’t take so well to Sarah Lynn and finds it annoying how everyone loves her. Everyone except Sandy that is. Bliss befriends Sandy just after hearing about the ghost of a former Crestview student who is haunting the halls. Bliss also has some unwanted company following her at school, a voice. A sinister voice that’s slipping dark secrets into the minds and halls of Crestview, threatening to seethe into violence. What will become of Bliss’s new friendships? But most importantly, what will become of Bliss?

Lauren Myracle astounds readers again with remarkable story of a girl trying to find her way through the unwanted mystery that is becoming more and more alive in her world, literally. Myracle’s words will hook you in and lead you down the unsettling path to the unexpected ending.