The Rainmaker This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It's summer in Memphis when a younglawyer's struggle begins. The Rainmaker is a story of trial and error, firstlove, heartbreak and triumph.

When Rudy Baylor steps out into the realworld, he is in for a shock. He has just passed the bar exam, lost his first joboffer, and declared bankruptcy. Rudy dreams of the "good life" but hasto struggle and work his way to the top.

With little money, he opens hisown law firm. Struggling to make ends meet, he stumbles upon a denied insuranceclaim that could be worth millions. Soon the case plunges into a courtroom, wherehe faces high-powered attorneys. This novel keeps the reader wondering what turnthe story will take next. There are many unexpected twists which add to theexciting and triumphant ending.

As a reader I felt as though I was takingpart in the action and kept thinking about a conclusion. Rudy is easy to identifywith, and the reader goes along with him on an emotional roller-coaster ride.

Grisham weaves a big tale of lies and legal maneuverings, and once youthink you have it figured out, the author throws in another teeth-clencher -being in a courtroom is exciting and scary!

It is hard to put this bookdown because you want to know what is going to happen next. It also gives thereader a view of what goes on in our justice system. The momentum is fast enoughto keep you interested but won't leave you behind.

It's a fight to thefinish that could leave Rudy one of the wealthiest lawyers in Memphis, or brokeand disheartened, but he is up to the challenge. Are you?