Bloom by Elizabeth Scott | Teen Ink

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott

December 13, 2009
By twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
13 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”


Almost everyone says, “There’s no such thing as the perfect guy.”

But in this story there is a perfect guy, but the girl feels nothing. He’s not the right guy, no matter how cute, charming, kind, and popular he is. This book is, Bloom, by Elizabeth Scott. If you’ve never heard this author’s name before or heard of any of her other books, it may be because she’s not a regular the New York Times Bestseller List, but she should be.

Lauren is a senior in high school. She’s been dating Dave, who’s literally the perfect guy. His parents are even high school sweethearts. He’s everything a girl could ask for.

Then Evan comes. Comes back. And Lauren falls in love with him.

From there on, Bloom tells the story of a girl who is dating one boy, who’s already planning their future together. The girl wants to be with another guy and likes who she is with that guy. But sooner or later, she knows she can’t have the best of both worlds. She’ll have to make a choice, before someone chooses for her.

When I spotted Bloom on the shelf of our local bookstore, the back cover was showing because someone had flipped it over and that’s when I saw the quote that compelled me to pick up, buy, and read this book, “There’s a difference between falling and letting go.” I wanted to know what was meant by that and that began my journey into the world of Elizabeth Scott’s books.

Published in 2007, this was Scott’s debut novel one that author Deb Caletti (Honey, Baby, Sweetheart) called, “A fresh, honest, and heartfelt story of first love.”