Follow the River | Teen Ink

Follow the River MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Novel Based on the True Ordeal of Mary Ingles

Did you ever read a bookand feel you were in it? This is how I felt reading this fabulous woman'sstory.

Follow the River is set in a 1755 Virginia settlement. Mary Inglesis 23, has two children, and is pregnant with her third when Shawnee Indiansobliterate the settlement and kidnap her, her children and two other adults.

I can't find words to describe her new life. She stays with the Indiansfor months but believes that some day she'll return to her people and herhusband. She knows that to accomplish that, she'll have to makesacrifices.

This book is full of emotion and hope. The plot is fabulouslytold and ... just read it! I loved it and for the first time, I finished a bookin less than a day. I couldn't stop; it is so intense that I always wanted toknow what would happen next.

When I read Follow the River, I was with MaryIngles, or maybe I was inside her ... I saw everything as if I were behind hereyes. I've never felt that way before.

Follow the River showed me onceagain that if we really believe in something, and want it with all our heart, wecan do it. This is a message for all those who don't believe in life anymore, orin themselves.

We are stronger than we think; one only has to act. If youwant a marvelous illustration of this, read Follow the River.

i love this !