The Hunger Games by Suzanne Colins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Colins

By IizFrozen SILVER, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
IizFrozen SILVER, Dell Rapids, South Dakota

~Its not how deep you fish~
~Its the motion of the ocean~

~I hope to die like my grandfather who died in his sleep~
~and not like the pasengers in his car who went screaming~

From the famous author Suzanne Colins is “The Hunger Games”. This book another realistic-fiction book, leaves you breathe less, she makes note of protecting love ones for your own self sacrifice.

The book begins in district 12, which is located in the Appalachians. This world however is the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust. We meet Katniss who is hunting in the forbidden forest outside of the fence. Her friend, Gale, have been doing this for every year since 8 years ago. The choosing the tributes are coming soon and her younger sister, Prim, is going to be entered. At the choosing the female candidate is Prim. Katniss volunteers for her place in the games. Peeta Mellark is the male candidate and they have a past history together that isn’t so good.

The writing style of hers is unique because she chooses topics that no one has yet to even touch. She has covered a couple even in this book. The bond of sisterhood, Apocalypse, and Live TV events that people die in are all touched on by Colins. In life these or most of them are controversial which makes the book all the better.

I love this book because the writer’s style, plot, all mixes together in a fine bloody brew called “The Hunger Games.” She made me laugh, cry, and laugh again within three pages. The storyline jumps and scares you, but the kind scares that make you want more. I couldn’t stop reading this book. I stayed up late in the night just to finish it.

The bloody, tangled mess of emotions when reading this book is only some side effects. The book incorporates war in with love in never away done before. This book deserves some praise and we hope that Suzanne Colins can keep the tray coming for new books.

I like this book alot.

Dusing said...
Dusing, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
Ths is awesome

Dusing said...
Dusing, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
This is the Best reveiw ever... and i like the book too :)