Eleven Seconds This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It all happens in eleven seconds. Eleven seconds into Travis Roy's first Boston University hockey game, he becomes paralyzed from the neck down. Travis, who grew up in Maine, has always been a star hockey player and was looking forward to a season of Division I college hockey.

After his accident, he wonders if it is even worth living as a quadriplegic, never able to walk again. But Travis learns to be positive and a role model for others. There are many twists and turns here that will make you want to keep reading.

Eleven Seconds is a thrilling story about the amazing journey of Travis Roy's life and recovery. Throughout the book you will learn how to look at life and be thankful for what you have. If asked to rate this book, I would give it a 9.5 (out of 10). After reading a few pages, you will want to keep going to see what will happen.