Jarhead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Yes! Jarhead was a book before it was amovie. This is just one of those books I couldn’t put down. I wasfascinated with this Marine and his life overseas and on Americansoil.

This book is definitely not a nursery rhyme and has a lotof adult content that I found interesting. I am tired of all thechildish stories I am usually subjected to. This was just the book Ineeded to get me back to reading.

I hope to be a Marine andJarhead is like a survival guide to the Marines. The book is far betterthan the movie with more detail and is easier to understand. Jarheadshows you the author’s life with flashbacks to his childhood. Ithink I am speaking for many of his readers when I say I’d like tocongratulate and thank Swofford for his masterful writing and grittyrealism.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:21 pm
i love this !