The Host by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

September 7, 2009
By kbcountry1996 SILVER, Pipestem, West Virginia
kbcountry1996 SILVER, Pipestem, West Virginia
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a man in good fortune must be in want of a wife." -Opening Line of Pride & Predjudice


Many of you may recognize Stephenie Myer from "The Twilight Saga". However, I recently took interest in another novel written by Stephenie entitled, "The Host". Like Twilight, The Host is a captivating love story. Although the book is considered to be science fiction, it holds something for everyone.

This story takes place on Earth. "Souls" from another planet have dominated the human race and have inhabited their bodies. Most people have died during the invasion, with the exception a few who continue to remain in hiding.

When a soul named Wanderer is assigned the body of a young woman by the name of Melanie, she is shocked to discover that although Melanie is dead, her soul continues to inhabit her body.

Now they must find Melanie's brother Jamie, as well as the love of her life, Jared before they are discovered. Because Melanie's thoughts also possess Wanderer, they are both compelled to find her loved ones before it is too late.

This story is sure to keep readers guessing until the very end. Once again, Myer has proven herself to be a sensational author unlike any other. I would encourage this novel to anyone looking for thrill and adventure.


The author's comments:
I hope this review will inspire many individuals to read this one of a kind novel. Although I usually am not interested in science fiction pieces, I found myself engaged in this one. Hopefully, you will too!