The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Many of you may recognize Stephenie Myer from "The Twilight Saga". However, I recently took interest in another novel written by Stephenie entitled, "The Host". Like Twilight, The Host is a captivating love story. Although the book is considered to be science fiction, it holds something for everyone.

This story takes place on Earth. "Souls" from another planet have dominated the human race and have inhabited their bodies. Most people have died during the invasion, with the exception a few who continue to remain in hiding.

When a soul named Wanderer is assigned the body of a young woman by the name of Melanie, she is shocked to discover that although Melanie is dead, her soul continues to inhabit her body.

Now they must find Melanie's brother Jamie, as well as the love of her life, Jared before they are discovered. Because Melanie's thoughts also possess Wanderer, they are both compelled to find her loved ones before it is too late.

This story is sure to keep readers guessing until the very end. Once again, Myer has proven herself to be a sensational author unlike any other. I would encourage this novel to anyone looking for thrill and adventure.

thomasb said...
Your review was well written. I have read all the Twilight Saga books and “The Host” and I loved them all. I liked how you described the souls when you said,” This story takes place on Earth. "Souls" from another planet have dominated the human race and have inhabited their bodies. Most people have died during the invasion, with the exception a few who continue to remain in hiding” because my friends always asked what it was about and I could not think of how t... (more »)

emily.louise said...
I agree. Great job! I love all of Stephenie's novels, and I really want to read this book. Your article is very well written!

Mr.Knightley said...
I really like your review for this book. I don't like Stephenie Meyer's work, but you made me want to read The Host, even though it is romantic. Keep writing reviews like this. They are positive and persuasive without being biased. Good job! :)