State of Fear | Teen Ink

State of Fear MAG

According to the book’s cover, “In Paris, a young scientist performs an oceanic experiment and then dies after an encounter with a mysterious stranger. In the jungles of Malaysia, technology capable of destroying mountains with sound is bought for an unknown reason. In Vancouver a small submarine is leased for use in the waters off the coast of New Guinea.” All of these events

are slowly pieced together by Crichton’s main characters. They have to battle through many situations in the Solomon Islands, Antarctica, Tokyo, and Los Angeles to find the truth, but will it be too late? Along the way, robberies, car crashes, and near-death experiences almost prevent the group from discovering the evil truth. Will the team uncover the mystery and stop the catastrophic events? Or will the world be plunged into a state of fear?

I do not think many readers can relate to this book. Few travel the world trying to prevent disasters that would reshape it. However, readers can definitely relate to the characters in this high-stake novel jampacked with lies, betrayal, and sorrow. Even though all the characters are adults, even younger readers will be affected as the events unfold.

State of Fear is an edge-of-your-seat thriller with every chapter ending with a cliffhanger. I could not put it down and I am sure that you will like it as much as I did. Six hundred pages may seem like a lot, but they fly by. When I finished, I didn’t realize I had read so many pages.

The adventure and mystery here are pumped to the maximum. It will have you guessing until the end. State of Fear is one of the best books I have ever read and I hope you feel that way too.

i love this !