Antigoni's Pizza Restaurant Review | Teen Ink

Antigoni's Pizza Restaurant Review

February 6, 2018
By KayleeBellmore BRONZE, Greene, Maine
KayleeBellmore BRONZE, Greene, Maine
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

January 30, 2018: My family and I visit Antigoni’s very frequently. Antigoni’s is a family business run by husband and wife and other family members. Antigoni’s has a wide range of pizza, pasta, hot subs, salads, Italians, and desserts. Antigoni’s also has a variety of items on the kid’s menu including pizza and pasta.  The restaurant houses 72 people. Antigonis has many exceptional things about there restaurant, for example, their amazingly long list of specialty pizzas, and their incredible family-friendly atmosphere.

 

Personally, my favorite food from Antigoni’s is their pizza, but they have many many options. In addition to traditional pizzas featuring pepperoni, ham, mushroom and green pepper, Antigoni’s menu includes their most popular pizza, “Greek Pizza”. The Greek pizza is made with garlic sauce, spinach, tomato, Greek olives, and feta. Antigoni’s has several other items on their menu. Like their long list of specialty pizzas. On top of that, they have hot subs, Italians, spaghetti, salads, and desserts.

Prices

Salads cost from between $5.74 to $8.25
Spaghetti cost between $4.29 to $8.99
Sub sandwiches $4.75 to $6.25
Small pizzas cost anywhere between $7.75 and $11.50
Large pizzas cost between $13.50 to $17.99

My favorite all time food from Antigoni’s is there cheese pizza. I love the crunchy crust and the gooey cheese. Their cheese pizza is traditional considering all of their extensive options. Usually, my mom gets the Buffalo salad which consists of Buffalo tenders on a garden salad. Antigoni’s salads are gigantic sometimes big enough for two meals. Typically my dad gets their beef gyro, it of his many favorites from Antigoni’s.

Antigoni’s has a family atmosphere great for kids and family gatherings. Every time you go there you always feel just like you are home because they make you feel like you are part of their family. 

Desserts

A perfect way to soothe that sweet tooth, and top off your meal is dessert.

Baklava (Baklava is a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey.)$3.75

Tiramisu (Tiramisu is a popular coffee-flavored Italian dessert. It is made of lady’s fingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavored with cocoa.) $4.99

A selection of cakes including a rotating selection of peanut butter pie, chocolate, Italian lemon, cheesecake, chocolate lava, sweet potato maple, and many more! $4.99

Overall I would give Antigoni’s a 9/10 rating because they have many selections for food and it tastes fabulous, but sometimes they take a little too long to get the food out. For example one time we went there it took around 50 minutes to get our food, but usually, they get the food out fairly quickly. Other than the wait, the restaurant is a really great place to eat, if you are looking for a yummy Italian meal.


The author's comments:

This piece is a restaurant review of my favorite restaurant.