jacksepticeye | Teen Ink

jacksepticeye

December 6, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Yet another YouTuber review. This is technically my fourth review of this type, but I've counted Monstercat as more of record label so this is my third one. If you don't know, jacksepticeye, also known as Sean or more simply Jack, is an Irish Let's Play Youtuber that made his humble beginnings in 2012 playing video games as more for fun and also to try to balance out his college work. Now he goes full time YouTube posting two videos a day with over 7.5 million subscribers under his belt.


As a popular YouTuber, many people would know him and his been part of the main 3-4 let's players on the site, along with the juggernaut Pewdiepie, the man with the voice, Markiplier, and the Canadian team VanossGaming. Despite this and having played with all of them at least once, he still feels incredibly humble with his community and looks at himself like a normal person screaming at video games for a living. His also very comments active as he has a Reading Your Comments series and replies to alot of comments, sadly most of them are buried incredibly deep in the comments section so they're hard to find. I also find him to be incredibly funny, as anyone in this demographic of YouTube should be, and his accent and his way of speaking, which is more like say anything and just don't care plus the almost constant screaming and shouting, I'm honestly almost declined to say he is the funniest guy on YouTube. He has alot of catch phrases that I'm sure you'll be familiar with after a couple of videos and popular lines including like a boss, speed is key, happy wheels, sticks the landing, overload of hate, ASDF references, and screw you Billy. Obviously he likes to say the like a boss thing alot considering many other people, myself included, have started saying it at likely the stupidest and most inopportune times too and is also used as part of his outro. In case you're wondering, my favorite series from him are his Reading Your Comments series, it shows both his series and comedic side, Turbo Dismount, I can't myself not laughing yet in one of these videos, Shadow of the Colossus, his favorite game actually being able to be recorded for the viewers pleasure, Happy Wheels, you would know why by the time you see it, and Eviebot, the messed conversations and his hatred towards it makes it instantly funny as all get out. He loves his job and does it really well too and could be increasingly better the harder he works at it. For those of you who want variety in popular vs. indie games, he's also got that too. In terms of popular games he's currently playing he has the heavily hyped Fallout 4, the interesting Super Mario Maker and the rage inducing Mario Kart 8 among others and has alot of indie games in his stash as well, it may not be the "perfect balance," but it gives you enough to look for if you're only looking for triple A titles or indie gems which I feel is a great step in the right direction if you ask me.


In Jack's words: THAT DOES IT FOR THIS REVIEW! IF YOU LIKED IT, PUNCH THAT LIKE BUTTON IN THE FACE, LIKE A BOOOOSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! And high fives all around, *high fives sounds*, THANK YOU GUYS AND I'LL SEE ALL YOU DUDES, IN THE NEXT REVIEEEEEWWWWS!!!!!!!!!!!


The author's comments:

I might as well do a review of a popular YouTuber, so why not one of the best in the industry. I recommend you check out his stuff if you haven't already. I can almost guarantee you'll like what you see.