Culinary Dropout | Teen Ink

Culinary Dropout

May 6, 2014
By ashberz BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
ashberz BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As soon as I walked into the Culinary Dropout located on Camelback Road, the hostess quickly found my reservation and brought me to my table. Thank goodness I had called ahead; I could see the crazy wait as soon as I parked. I was immediately drawn in by the ambiance inside and outside of the Culinary Dropout. The restaurant is decorated in a modern fashion with a great color scheme. The only quality I did not enjoy about the inside of the restaurant was the lighting; I had to use a flashlight just to read the menu.

Within a few minutes, we were greeted by our waitress. She seemed a bit overwhelmed when she approached us and her attitude came off somewhat rude to our table. This definitely brought down the feeling in the restaurant, but it certainly did not stop good service. Drinks were immediately brought to the table and we were never wondering where our waitress ran off to. The appetizers and entrees came out at the perfect time, and tasted great!

Overall the food is definitely top notch. As far as appetizers go, my table split the house potato chips with an onion dip and soft pretzels with provolone fondue. These were both unique and tasted absolutely marvelous. As my main course, I ordered the grilled cheese sliders with bacon and tomato. The portion size was perfect and it was one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever had.

Overall, the Culinary Dropout is the perfect place for dinner, whether it is casual or a special occasion. The food is spectacular and the ambiance is comfortable yet elegant. The service is of good quality and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.