Feedback

The poem "blue on my skin" by Alena Dinh catches my eye as I scanned the page. The originality grabbs me from the title, so different from anything else on page 36. Alena's poem tells a tale, one which you read over an over again, just for the thrill. From the first stanza, I can sense her writing style. The line "and a flower blooms" gives a pleasant mental picture and in incentive to keep reading. I reach the second stanza, and am rewarded with another image of "dark indigo of the pristine ocean." The poem proceeds, following the same rhythm with intermingled words that I stop and wonder about. During the fourth stanza, a girl is introduced. She, unconsciously, brings about a beautiful response, "and i don't tell her that its better for the blue to be on my skin for the world to see then inside some deep emotion hidden in my heart." Her answer unlocks a deep emotion within me, one as singular as this beautiful poem.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

aladine_98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 7:12 pm:
MariannaPasta, thank you for such high praise. I don't know how I happened to stumble upon your article, but I'm glad I did.  :)  I was intruigued and delighted to hear your thoughts about my poem. And also, I have some constructive criticism for you. For your first sentence, the verb tense was inconsistent. "Catches" and "scanned". And there were also some minor spelling errors. But other than that, you did a good job giving the reader a glimpse of your tho... (more »)