Exeter Application Review

Over winter break, I was creating a few high school private applications. But when I came across the Phillips Exeter application, I found many problems. Therefore, I decided to write a review on it

The first thing that I noticed when I opened the application was the fact that it was cluttered and user-unfriendly. The color scheme of the website made my head dizzy, and the instructions on what to do were so unclear that I had to Google the directions! All this hassle that I had to go through made me exhausted by the time it came for the next, Lawrenceville application. But when it came time, I was very surprised. The Lawrenceville application actually was very modern and user-friendly. I didn’t get lost at all, because everything was divided up into tabs and sections.

The second thing I abhorred about the Exeter application was that it used such old -ashioned methods. For example, instead, I had to submit all our essays and letters of recommendation by mail. These days, mail is only for advertisements and sending checks. Why I had to mail in resources to Exeter is beyond me. Even their sister school, Philips Andover, has online submission sites.

The final flaw that I found with the Exeter applications was their receiving speeds. I finished all of my application forms and sent them in through mail before the end of winter break. But even now, they haven’t processed it and notified me that the application was received! If they want to implement old fashioned, bulky methods, they can at least do it with efficiency.

All in all, I would give the Exeter application 2 out of 5 stars because of its user-unfriendliness and lack of efficiency.