Myself as a writer | Teen Ink

Myself as a writer

Smack! My journal hits the table, a big f is stamped across the top, in red pen it says more detail, better punctuation and spelling you should redo this.
In introducing myself as a writer it is important for you to know the following three things. I don’t like to write, I’m good at writing in some ways and my goals for this year as a writer.

The first thing you need to know about me as a writer is I don’t enjoy writing. I have always struggled at writing and it’s hard for me to comprehend what I’m going to write next. I don’t like writing because after a long time your hand starts to cramp up. I don’t like writing because it feels like a big waste of time and I could be doing something better. Writing feels like it takes forever for me and it’s hard to think of something good to write. I don’t like writing during school but I can write on my own time without it being an assignment. I don’t like writing if it is a assignment and graded I don’t like the feeling of it has to be perfect.

It’s important for you to know that I’m good at something in writing. I am good at poetry, I am good at writing in a journal, sending post cards and letters to people. I am good at texting and talking to people on facebook and I think typing is a form of writing. I am also good at writing down notes in class. I like writing about things I like, I like to write about my day and what I want to be in the future and about things I have seen and things I want to do.
It’s also important for you to know my goal as a writer this year. My goal is to learn to like writing and explore what I may be good at other than poetry, texting and writing down notes. I want to learn to actually care about my work and not just rush through it to get it done. I also want to learn to like writing for assignments and not be so nervous about not doing good and have some confidence. In conclusion you know a little bit more about me and who I am as a writer. You know that I don’t like to write, I’m good at something’s in writing in some ways and my goal as a writer this year.