Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

January 17, 2011
By Madie Berg BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Madie Berg BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear E.L.F. Team,

I am a frequent online E.L.F. shopper. I am a huge fan of your cosmetics lines. I believe in excellent quality at not an expensive price. I recently purchased several makeup brushes from your E.L.F. Cosmetic line. I have been pleased with this line in the past but have recently been disappointed.

I was introduced to this line of cosmetics about one year ago. About two months ago I purchased six makeup brushes. I was excited to receive and use these brushes. After about one week of having them the head and the handle of the brushes broke apart. Although I didn’t have this issue with all the brushes, over half of them have fallen apart. Because of my disappointment, I would like all of my brushes to be replaced, or a gift card to your online cosmetics line be issued. The facts are this: your mission statement states that, “beauty comes from within and it’s our goal to enable every woman to look and feel her personal best through the perfect blend of both the inner and outer person. We believe that quality cosmetics should be affordable for all women.” I found your makeup brushes demonstrated poor quality and were less than satisfactory. If your company truly believes in its mission statement, quality is what I would like to receive.

I appreciate the time it took for you to read this letter. I am a firm believer in strong customer service and I know you will be able to provide that for me.

Please contact me at my email address (*******@hotmail.com) or my address above. Thanks for providing a great product I will continue to purchase in the future for my cosmetic needs. Thank you for letting me express my disappointment and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Sincerely,


Madie B