Humanity’s Heart | Teen Ink

Humanity’s Heart MAG

By EternallyCreative SILVER, Union City, New Jersey
EternallyCreative SILVER, Union City, New Jersey

"Truth is beauty, and beauty truth" -John Keats (Ode to a Grecian Urn)

Misery, misery endures the pumping human heart!
A machine of great wonder, its organic arteries,
And yet the being fades with the death
of Love and Art,
Unlike your Nature, your Beauty, akin
to fertile Ceres!
A fallen world is the heart’s eternal torment,
Cursed like Atlas to carry its wicked weight!
But with your love, my own is no longer dormant,
Awakened, defiant, toward its divine Fate!
Though finding strength seems to be an effort Sisyphean,
Rest assured, the fallen world shall be overthrown,
And rebuilt with Love, to create that
Paradise Elysian,
All for you, my love – who would want to be alone?
This will come to pass, lest the Heart remains
in chains,
Burdened once more while Cruelty forever reigns!

Our hearts all have heavy burdens to carry-- these burdens all are a representation of our own fallen world at large. Like Atlas the Titan, the Titan of Love that is our heart must endure the pain and suffering of emotional, mental, and psychological burden. Our mistakes from the past, our fears and doubts, and our anxieties for the future only add to the tremendous punishment that our hearts must all carry. We have let Cruelty rule the world for far too long, and we as beings who'd want nothing more than love and acceptance, should exercise the right to overthrow that Cruelty, that Sin, that Great Evil, and rebuild the world with Love and Kindness, as well as with Hope. This sonnet naturally is intended towards not only our deepest and dearest loved ones, but also to Nature itself, and our Earth as a whole-- our love for all that is lovely and precious will keep us going, and reawaken the hearts we have that have been slowly growing weaker by the day (for less and less love becomes evident in the world as the days go by). Without Love there is only Void, and it's up to us as a species to be kind to one another and love one another so that the Heart holding up our fallen world on its shoulders regains its Strength.