A Terrorist is Born

Tendrils of malice stemmed from innocence,
A terrorist born in a world of wrath,
Raised to fight against all benevolence,
Careening into a dangerous path.

Humanly destruction is a symptom
Of ultimate death, his kidnappers taught.
It never mattered about the victim,
Lest all their ideals be vanquished for naught.

The baby killer listened and took heed.
Like an automaton, he cocked his gun.
The kidnappers wished the stolen, “Godspeed”
As the young terrorist began to run.

Ten years later, his mug shot will surface,
The product of evil rendered worthless.

Court901 said...
Woah. This poem flows really nicely. And I love your word choice. The title really caught my attention, but when I read the description you had written, I thought it would be a bit cheesy. But it wasn't at all. I really like this poem. It's a bit sad, but the writing is amazing.

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha, yeah I realized it was cheesy after I submitted it, but I didn't feel like rewriting the description because that would involve deleting the article and messing up everything in my queue (teenink hates me like that). But thank you for commenting and have a nice day! XD

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a picture of horror. The "consolation" that the work of ecil ended up worthess dose nothing. That child was ruined, and its just too heart rending to focus on anything else. I dont think you meant it to be consoling, though. I think you meant to show how twisted men taught this child to waste his life, deny humanity, and prevert his mind. Its so sad....

No, I did not mean it to be consoling in any way. For me, that was just the ending of the story for the kid. It was like the terrorists were almost looking at the mug shot themselves and saying, "Well, that kid is now worthless to us. Let's move on to our next kidnapping victim." I wanted to show really how twisted the radicals of today's world have become (whether or not they kidnap and brainwash children and turn them into child soldiers/terrorists). But thank you for comment... (more »)