Pepper

Scattered among your furious, fiery fellows
While I notably boast my dire desire
Your pieces are an inferno, your taste bellows
As you spark my lips with scorching fire

You scream and sting my lips with wishes
Of more to reach me just like you
I uncover my tongue performing swishes
As it tries to remember and pursue

As you merely embellish your nearby neighbors
You never fail to please my mouth
They underestimate your labors
Pleasing many and causing oral drought

And as your fiery bliss passes my lips
Your peppery flavor is hard to eclipse

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:29 pm:
Hey there! It's refreshing to read some new work of yours, it's been awhile! When I first saw the title I thought about Pepper from Iron Man 3! Haha. And it even fit with all these fiery remarks, if you've seen the third one you'll get it. Anyways, I love this! It was a tongue twister for me, the rhymes were crazy, it was wickedly good. I loved reading this. Reading it out loud, ooh la la. Your word choices are excellent.. loved those! This was soooo creative and then you made it... (more »)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:43 pm :
Thank you!! (: I appreciate all of the feedback you've provided... (: It means a TON. No recommendations?? (:

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27 at 4:03 pm:
Very creative. It requires a certain level of skill to write a sonnet, especially on something so insignificant as pepper. I wasn't sure however because of how the poem was posted. But i believe some of the syllables were somewhat off measure. Ten syllables are to be in each line, no? Other than that,the imagery was vivacious.

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 27 at 9:42 pm :
Yes, I didn't exactly adhere to the syllable rules. ;) It was for a school project, and she didn't mind the syllables being a little off. I'm glad that you noticed that though! I'll  be sure to take that into consideration when I'm writing future poems!!

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26 at 10:19 am:
Cool!  I love it!  At first I thought it was about fire (because of the pic, I guess) and it was really confusing, but after reading the comment, I read it again...and for a poem about a food, it really is a great poem!  Your descrition and imagery is AMAZING!  You just bring everything to life...I love it!!

Jetta_WroteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 26 at 7:18 pm :
Thanks so much! (: You're being great to me. haha (: Sorry I haven't gotten to read more of your work; I've been super busy. :/

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 27 at 10:17 am :
Are you KIDDING?  Didn't you already read three of my things?  That's honestly a lot for me, since I don't have a lot of stuff up

Mar. 27 at 9:39 pm :
Oh (: Well, I'll try to get to more this weekend!!

Mar. 28 at 12:15 pm :
I'm on Spring Break so I don't have any excuse :)

ClaireBearBThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 28 at 10:28 pm :
Really cute poem! You did a good job of making something so seemingly insignifigant as pepper to seem so important- and thru a poem too! Amazing!

Mar. 29 at 2:17 pm :
Thankyou so much!