Running

When I run,
The wind blows at my face.
I feel the warmth of the sun,
While I run a fast pace.
As I eat up the ground,
I could take off and fly.
I look around
As the scenery passes by.
I can feel my heart
Beating to the pace that I’m going.
My Gatorade is tart.
The miles keep growing.
I run because I want to.
It’s something I love to do.

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I feel the same way about running.  I love how you described it!  Nice work!  :)

DreamingOfNirvana said...
Haha I hate running but I do it anyway to stay in decent shape. And despite my passionate dislike of the exercise, I loved this poem!

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job. You really followed the format of the sonnet really well. I loved this poem a lot! Great job.  

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:55 am
I sure will...Really enjoyed that :))))