Summer | Teen Ink

Summer

By Jessi_suarez1 GOLD, Kissimmee, Florida
Jessi_suarez1 GOLD, Kissimmee, Florida

Dear friend do not leaveth me
For I truly beg thee to stay,
You bringeth my soul warmth.
Warmth, that not even my loved ones can provide.

Dear friend do not leaveth me
For I truly beg thee to stay.
You bring joy and beauty to the fields,
Joy and beauty that no other thing can possibly provide.

Dear friend do not leaveth me
For I truly beg thee to stay.
Stay by my side, where you belong.
For dear summer, you are truly a friend like no other.

So as I was reading a lot of old English poems I noticed that poets usually dedicated them to nature. So since Winter is a favorite season, I decided to write one for Summer. Please enjoy!

LoonyLoopyLupin GOLD, Raynham, Massachusetts

"I am proud of who I am. I believe in what I do." -Pavel Chekov (Star Trek The Original Series, episode: "The Way To Eden")

I love the Old English flair to this piece. It's so relatable, too. Nice job! :)

on Jun. 1 2012 at 9:36 am
Pitiful_Anonymous PLATINUM, New Cumberland, West Virginia

"and all you f***ers go beep beep beep in cheap,plastic cars. If It's to dumb to see or say you'll still sing it, and I'll just cue the applause" - Marilyn Manson

This is a very beautiful, and joyfully descriptive poem... Pretty much the exact opposite of what I write haha but it's very good. You paint the picture of summer time very vividly through your word choice.

xMusicallyAd3ptx BRONZE, Geneva, Illinois

"A great value of antiquity lies in the fact that its writings are the only ones that modern men still read with exactness." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Very nicely done. The use of archaic language may not appeal to all, but I sincerely enjoyed it.

AsIAm PLATINUM said...
AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina

"According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking." — Jonathan Stroud (Ptolemy's Gate)

I thought this was good, but it could have been a little more powerful. :)