Awakening

You, with your forlorn, malevolent touch
Transcend throughout my body like morphine
Wrapping me up with cruelty and such;
Making it tough for me to intervene.
Why must you come back, time and time again?
Whispering cutthroat words in my weak mind.
Molding an array of deep sadness when
I am struggling to be unconfined.
But a thin layer of euphoria
Through this clouded vision that I hold
Can be seen beneath this hysteria,
Of this body oh so lifeless and cold.
As heavy eyelids uncover the veil,
An awakening, one somehow prevails.

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem! I know it was written as something specific for you, but I like that you left it rather vague for the writer's interpretation and link to personal experience. I like it because when I feel like the world is dead and there is no point left to life, I create a better, pure world in my mind and that is why I don't give up; because there is the hope that there is a world like this. This poem represents that for me. Great job and keep writing!

Zapatanga said...
Thx it helped my book report

arcat02 said...
Whats the climax?

xxxpussydestroyerxxx said...
Faggggggggggssss

ElisaTheDuckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
If anything, you're the stupid one because you can't write. And you definitely have no life if that's your username and you just go around trying to discourage writers whose talent you'll never be able to reach. Screw off, and have yourself a good day.

Sunshine.kid.ellie said...
What is the meaning of this sonnet? I'd really like to use it in my English assessment