Princely Men

Now look there, my friend, you see his sad smile?
Compassionate eyes below dark hair?
How he bends his head down low, near tears while
He reads of a story of a land more fair?
He longs for escape to a fairy tale,
Wishing that wishes could come true.
He wishes that Good really cannot fail,
And the Villain's plot will always falls through.
But closing the book and lifting his head
He remembers that world is now long gone.
Evil claims the princess is dead,
That he cannot save her, he must move on.
He knows all's lost, but refuses to wince,
This man, my friend, is a modern day prince.

FilmEcho68This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:03 pm:
This poem discribes Tom Hiddleston... i promise...  

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28 at 3:58 pm:
Sadly life isn't a fairy tale. Oh, this poem is terribly true. I like that it's grim yet realistic. It reminds me of The Silver Linings Playbook. Pat thinks life always has a happy ending, but it doesn't always. You should read it if you haven't. I recommend it. Anyway, great poem.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 28 at 11:25 pm :
Yes. Gone are those mystical realms of happy ever afters. Todays princes are the ones who can move forward even without those guarentees.... I will take a look, see if I can find the book your talking about.Do you recall the author?

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 29 at 3:49 pm :
Matthew Quick. It became a movie, by the way. It stars Jennifer Lawrence from The Hunger Games, and Bradley Cooper from The Hangover. Lawrence won an Oscar for it.

Mar. 29 at 10:02 pm :
I was GOING to ask you for paper to write it down on, but I don't think you can give that to me, can you...? lol!

SuperFloreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 9:42 pm:
I love this! It's such a nice take on fairy tales and life! Great job!

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:17 pm :
Haha, thankyou! I didn't do a good job editing it, though, I forgot to remove the words "Now" in the first line and "down" in the third. I'm glad you like it, though.

babyrex4 said...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 6:47 am:
I love the imagery and description in this poem. You are really great with wording too! Keep on writing poetry!

Jan. 26, 2012 at 7:19 am :
Thank you, that means alot!

Mrs.Darcy said...
I LOVE this!!! you are very talented. It sucks but I kinda agree with your poem. Does anyone fight for their love anymore? No, they give up! Stupid loosey princes! I mean WAKE UP. Do we really have to save ourselves?

Dec. 9, 2011 at 8:11 am :
Lol, yeah, there arn't many princes like him anymore. The question I really want to ask though is why? Maybe love wouldn't be so hopless and we wouldn't have to fight so hard if more people would fight.

MoraleAshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:13 am:
I really liked the content. But still i think you should divide it into stanzas. Otherwise, great job :)

Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:31 am :
sonnets arn't typically divided up, though I admit this doesn't quite follow all the rules of a sonnet.

samiasaskia24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like the story the poem tells. I especially like the last line!!!!!

Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm :
Thankyou, the last two lines were a struggle to write, so I'm very glad you like them.

KShep12 said...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 7:17 am:
I really like how you ended it. The only thing I didn't like to much is the flow. I couldn't find any flow in it. It would have made it better if I was able to go with the flow. I really liked the words and idea though! Good job!

Dec. 2, 2011 at 9:11 am :
Your right, the flow is a little rough in a few places. It's hard for a poet to tell when the flow is off in their own work because they know in their heads how it sounds, but a good poem should guide its readers into the flow. Thank you.

SkyyeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 1:15 pm :
the last line is beautiful, it's great, I love this one, very sweet and sad.

Dec. 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm :
Yes, this was meant to be a sad reminder that though chivalry isn't dead, if other people like our pringce don't step up it will be soon.

Dec. 7, 2011 at 2:17 pm :

I still believe in chivalry =)

I know this guy, who is the sweetest guy ever, he was so nice and polite, totally chivalrous ;)