Frostbite of the Heart

Your heart's an iceberg; I keep a safe distance so the sharp edges won't puncture through. You're colder than Antartica, a thousand plastic surgeons aren't as vain as you. I've become frozen from the ice, the ice inside your eyes. Your soul is below zero and the temperature is steadily dropping. I've been trying to get through to you but my patience ways are now stopping. Letting go is a lot easier than holding on and trying to make you stay. So, I'll say my goodbyes, wipe my eyes, and let the wind carry you away. I'll try with all my might, to push your memory out of sight. Still I feel the sting of the cold wind as I stand here tonight. I know it's you; trying to ignite a flame that has already burned out. Oh, but darling, I'm over you...Isn't it funny how things have turned out? You're waiting for me to cry and so I laugh into the night. You want to see me hurt and so I smile out of spite. You realize you can't affect me and so the wind neglects me. I hope you havn't gone to find someone else to entice. Your games are quite devious; Oh, they're not very nice. I think I'll warn the world of every horrible quality you've aquired. I'll save every other heart before your next plan is conspired. You can watch as everyone buries themselves in blankets and covers; saving themselves from being with the coldest of all lovers. You'll spend forever alone. Perhaps, you will freeze to death someday. Frostbite of the heart is the most painful death, I've heard many say...And if it really is, then I hope you die that way.