Robbed of Innocence

I was young when I thought the world was fun,
I knew Prince Charming would surely come,
I thought war was a game and didn’t murder with a gun,
I was innocent and no one was dumb,
no one would yet cause a scar across my heart,
to me no one died,
and I didn’t know love could tear apart,
and from no one was happiness disqualified,
I could say: “I forgive,
everything you have done,
and I let live,”
and I knew no reason to call 9-1-1,
childhood innocence can be robbed with a kiss,
and our unscarred hearts we do miss!

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 am:
This is amazing for your first sonnet!! I love the theme, it very clearly conveys your message!

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:33 pm :
Thank you so much for reading my stuff! xD

Steph0804This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:10 am:
I don't know much about sonnets, but this one is amazing! It so perfectly captures the reality of growing up... 5 stars!

Oct. 1, 2011 at 9:47 am :
Thank you sooooooooo much!!! :D

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked this, amazing that it was your first go at it. If you have time, would you please read He Went Out With His Boots On (Ch.1) it's posted anonymously. Thank you.

Sept. 30, 2011 at 4:46 pm :
No problem Thnks so much :D

corallee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 12:02 am:
The first three lines to me were absolutely stunning, and it just got better and better. It was a lot more mature? (that's not quite the word I'm looking for haha) than I had expected. Very nice!

Aug. 4, 2011 at 5:10 pm :
Thank you so much I'm glad you like it!!!!!!! :D

Aria.ElaborateSolo replied...
Aug. 7, 2011 at 8:45 pm :

Wow!!! this is amazing.

i love the last two lines

Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:03 am :
Thank you soooooooo much for reading!!!! :D

marissa87 said...

this is sooooooooooooo good! i love it. like the other girls said check ur meter but other wise it is perfect! :D

Aug. 3, 2011 at 4:05 pm :
Ok I will Thanks a whole bunch!!!!!!!! :D

PaRaNoRmAl627 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
the only things i could say have already been saidd and i dont really wanna be that picky brat that tries to come up with some ridiculous criticism lol. great job, just check and make sure your rhythm works :)

Aug. 3, 2011 at 3:41 pm :
Okay Thanks for reading!!!!!! :D

betweenyouandiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the thought behind it, but the only negative to be said about this has been said, just work on your meter :)!

Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:01 pm :
Alrighty Thnks for reading it!!! Is there anything of yours you'd like me to read??? :))

betweenyouandiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm :
Not in particularly no, you may have your pick! :P

Emily.L said...
Well, even if it's not a true sonnet, it's beautifully written. I love it! :)

Aug. 2, 2011 at 7:02 pm :
Thaaank you!!!! Is ther anything of yours you'd like me to read? :D

Alon_Freevoice said...
The only problem you have is the meter. Other than that, this is great!