First Kiss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My first real kiss was nothing like a dream:
A sloppy brush with quivering, pale lips
that were nothing like rose petals or fruit.
Fireworks did not emerge in bursts of
colored ecstasy, nor did bells ring out.
Theory conquered passion as we stood far
apart, perspiration pooling as we
stumbled to peck promptly with open eyes.
Don't want to be a sickly sweet story
of falsehoods, fairy tales, and flawlessness.
So I break my rose-colored lenses and
recall the awkward parting of cracked lips
and lukewarm exchange of slick saliva.
Open my eyes to kiss; never perfect.

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11, 2013 at 11:54 am:
THIS IS SO TRUE. Excellent job! :D

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:36 am:
Wow just when one thinks that the first kiss is something magical and amazing...it's all an illusion. Truth is that some first kisses are not that great. The reality replaces the illusion. I like it---good job.

SarahWaters This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this! First kisses are so overrated. This poem kinda reminds me of Shakespeare's "my mistress is nothing like the sun."

zone7494This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 9:03 pm:
that deserves an A for awesome because you totally told the truth lol. You should check out my poems called remember me and addicted tell me what you think and rate them if you fell like it.