Another evening

I walk the road that paves the skies
Celestial scenes caress my eyes

My fingers trace the setting sun
The song of angels has just begun

My footsteps rhyme with the solemn words
The sky is strung with rainbow birds

I shake the hands of ancient oaks
With sad, old stories and paper cloaks

Winds of worlds take me on the run
And my clothes are all undone

I smoke a pipe and drink some tea
With the peaceful monks that built the sea

I hear the language of the flowers
And beasts of old throughout the hours

The hour comes; saying goodbye to light
I stroll into the endless night

Shadows tread the depths of nights
And heroes rein throughout the day

Evening, a time in which there alights
Peace and reverence for the ways
Of night and day

Aderes18 said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 12:47 am

Wow, this is one of my favs.

So beautiful, so exqusitie, I'm falling in love with your poetry! :)

IamtheStargirl said...
Savory. Sweet. Running down my mind throat in precious (without price) rivulets.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

What a lovely description!

I enjoy seeing you, the charming Ms. Stargirl, float about in your rowboat of graceful eloquence. Your verbal oars create quite a ripple in my soul. :)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Thank you, I mean what I say, and I say what I mean ;)

insane_lemons said...

very vivid picture! i loved it. :) it reminds of a snowstorm sunset for some odd reason.

cheers!

Why, thank you so very much, my dear insane lemons. I'm glad that it reminded you of such a thing, for that may have not been my intention, but I'm always glad to have inspired such pictures.

CoLdEsTNiGhTs said...
i really love the wording you used in this poem!!! reverence is one of my favorite words. that and ostracize,,, but haha . 

Why, thank you so very much! I'm disappointed that I failed to include 'ostracize' in my poem. I will do so in the future. :)

chrisbriones said...
might i ask you to read my new poem, friend? It's titled The Night Bird. I'd appreciate it very much. You're insight is always honored.

I would be delighted, my poetic acquaintance. I beg your patience for just one more day; I am obliged to write a four paged essay tonight. I'm just calling in to let you know that I will do as you ask soon.

chrisbriones replied...
Thank you.

DreamWriter15 said...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 12:04 am
I love it, it paints such a vivid picture in my mind, and it is a rare thing for a poem such as this to paint so many pictures that make sense when put together (if that made any sense at all).  Beautiful, as always, my friend.  "I smoke a pipe and drink some tea with the peaceful monks that built the sea."  My favorite line, for some reason, haha.  It's all good.

I thank you dearly, my kind-hearted friend. It's good that this poem painted a picture, it makes up for my dismal real-life painting skills. Once again, I am so happy to read your comments.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Haha, you're quite welcome.  And I'm sure your painting skills aren't that bad.  I paint and draw a lot, as well as write, but I don't know which paints my pictures better.  Your pictures, however, are much more vivid than mine, it seems whenever I read them, so do not despair!

quirks said...
Very well done! "My footsteps rhyme with the solemn words" is perhaps the best line I've read on here.

Thank you very much! I was also more pleased with that line than the rest of the poem. It means a lot to me that you took the time to comment.

quirks replied...
No problem. I enjoyed reading this.

Inherinerd said...
This is very beautiful

Thank you both for the compliment and for taking the time to comment! Although the word beautiful is often overused, there is nothing that pleases me more than to hear that I have created something that can be described as such.

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this poem goes in a heartbeat! good stuff! read some of mine?