Silent Pen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

This scene could any monstrous beast inspire;
the scribes of old have blessed us on this day.
So one may find it strange that I inquire
the role that inspiration's 'pposed to play.
The sights and sounds and smells around me now--
they're lovely, tranquil, ever so serene.
Yet here I am alone and wond'ring how
I am supposed to draw some sort of mean-
ing from it all. I'm so very confused.
Two years ago I'd be out here for hours
creating. But all the words are overused.
I have no comment on the scent of flowers.
They are just there. They're lovely, but my pen
is silent. It has failed me once again.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 6, 2010 at 11:24 pm:
you're the best. very nice.

kengx3 replied...
May 7, 2010 at 4:01 pm :
Thank you :) Do you get it though? Or just like it?

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 7, 2010 at 4:11 pm :
I'm gonna tell you what I think it means-and you're gonna tell me if I get it. you lost your stuff. maybe you got some sort of writers block but it sounds like what used to inspire you does nothing for your creativity. the flowers are just there..its not like "oh pretty i'm all inspired and bubbly i think i wanna write something!" if you're wondering if i get it then that means you've expressed your point in a very poetic and marvelous way. very nice. i wonder if anybody gets my stuff....i like ... (more »)

kengx3 replied...
May 8, 2010 at 1:16 pm :
haha you get it. thanks again for the kind words. no super encrypted meaning...but i'm glad you like it

May 8, 2010 at 1:53 pm :
your welcome-very nice.