I'm Done | Teen Ink

I'm Done

By taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

The truth is that at some point, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to decide who's worth the pain.

Some say having something to lose is what makes you vulnerable. I believe that having something to lose only makes you stronger.

I'm done waiting in the wind
Hoping that you'll one day come.
I'm done crossing my fingers
And gnawing on my thumb.
I'm done being someone I'm not
tired of letting my heart rot
I've still got a life to live.
I've got nothing left to give

I'm done with saying "I love you"
only for the wind to hear.
So I'm letting go.

Goodbye, my dear.

After sitting down and thinking about the past year, I've realised I don't like the person I've become, so I wrote this poem to say I'm letting go.

on Jul. 17 2010 at 4:23 am
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

Aw, thank you so much :)

That's so nice of you.

on Jul. 3 2010 at 7:50 am
Egyptiangirl13 GOLD, Kansas City, Missouri

\"either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. -Benjamin Franklin

\"If columbus would have turned back, no one would have blamed him. No one would have remembered him either.\"

\"If music be the food of love, play on.\"

Wow i really like this!! i love how creative and meaningful it is!! awesome job-please check out and comment on some of my work :)

on Jun. 16 2010 at 10:09 pm
xBaByGiRrL22x PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"The goal isn't to live forever, but create something that will."
"If you wanna go, baby let's go; if you wanna rock, I'm ready to roll.''
"No one ever said it'd be easy. They just said it'd be worth it." <3

wow, i really like this! can completely relate. i luvv da rhyming scheme u put into mos of ur poems. to me, tht takes talent and well, i think we can all say u def have it (: awesome job

on Jun. 8 2010 at 6:06 am
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

Thanks very much, dear :)

hepburn said...
on Jun. 7 2010 at 5:38 am
hepburn, Assd, Other

sdf

ooh i like i like!! :)

on Jun. 1 2010 at 5:47 am
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

It can take anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks. Just hang in there! :)

Ambo123 BRONZE said...
on May. 31 2010 at 11:28 am
Ambo123 BRONZE, Hillsboro, Oregon

Two musicians playing together, there is nothing more beautiful.
-John Frusicante

Alright I will.

I submitted three pieces, but they are still pending approval or something i guess. Do you know how long that typically takes?

on May. 31 2010 at 6:01 am
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

Thank you! That means to much to me. :) 

Whenever your own work gets on teenink, let me know. I'd be happy to check it out!

Ambo123 BRONZE said...
on May. 30 2010 at 5:21 pm
Ambo123 BRONZE, Hillsboro, Oregon

-John Frusicante

:)I really like this

on Mar. 29 2010 at 6:57 am
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

Aw, thank you so much. 

Also, thanks for the song recommendation - I checked it out; it's good! (adds to top playlist *grins*)

HPGGMRAR GOLD said...
on Mar. 28 2010 at 6:41 pm
HPGGMRAR GOLD, Kennesaw, Georgia

"I musn't forget I'm alive."
Ray Bradbury (Dandelion Wine)

I agree with what you said annesgray, have you heard the song "So Long Self" by MercyMe? I think you'd like it. It has the same theme wrapped around it. I can relate wholeheartedly and love this piece!

Favorite line: "I'm done with saying 'I love you'/only for the wind to hear."

Could you check out some of my work?

BryannaJ. GOLD said...
on Mar. 2 2010 at 3:42 pm
BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona

"If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."

-Anon.
"What is a Code Blue?!"

- Mr. Crepsley (Cirque Du Freak: Vampire's Assistant The Movie)

This poem is very good just as dreamer-believer had said. Very good job on this. I do actually like all your work. Very good job. ^.^

on Feb. 18 2010 at 9:24 pm
jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

this is by far one of my favorite poems on this site. whoa, what can i say? everything is amazing about this poem :) it has amazing rhythm, if flows perfectly, and i love the rhyming. i can also love the heartbreak twist you put into this :) it's very good....5 stars :) would you mind checking out my piece "take my heart and break it?" i'd like to hear what you have to say about this piece. but seriously, this is a GREAT piece ;) bravo!!